Delhi University begins sale of admission forms 2012 Apply online ugadmissions.du.ac.in
The common pre-admission forms can also be availed online till June 18 for General and Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates, university officials said.
Some Important Points at a Glance related to Undergraduate Admission 2012-13
- Common Pre-Admission forms (OMR) will be available online and offline from 4th June 2012 till 18th June 2012 for General and OBC candidates.
- OMR forms will be available at 12 Post office (Head Office) and 10 Colleges. The Post offices will sell and receive forms from 10.00am- 4.00 pm while colleges from 10.00 am – 1.00 pm.
- The Cost of OMR form including Information Bulletin is Rs.100.
- No college will sell their individual forms except for Sports and ECA admission category.
- Online Registration will be for General and OBC Candidates only.
- SC/ST candidates will have to register between June 4, 2012 and June 18, 2012 from 9.30 am to 2.00 pm at four Centre’s (Arts Faculty (North Campus), South Campus, Rajdhani College and Shyam Lal College.
- PH candidates will be registered at office of Dean, Students Welfare from June 4, 2012 to June 18, 2012.
DU Helpline: 155215 or 011-27006900 – Delhi University Information Centre
ADMISSION INFORMATION CENTRES 2012‐13
1. Miranda House :‐ Miranda House, University of Delhi, Delhi‐110007
2. Faculty of Arts (North Campus) :‐ Faculty of Arts , Opp. SRCC College
, University of Delhi, Delhi ‐ 110 007.
3. Swami Sharadhanand College :‐ Alipur, Delhi‐110036
1. Dy. Dean Students Welfare Office (South Campus) :‐ University of Delhi,
Benito Jaurez Road, New Delhi ‐ 21
2. A.R.S.D. College :‐ Dhaula Kuan,New Delhi‐110019.
3. P.G.D.A.V. College:‐ Nehru Nagar, Ring Road, New Delhi‐110065
4. Gargi College :‐ Siri Fort Road, New Delhi – 110049
1. Shyam Lal College :‐ Shahdara, Delhi‐110032.
1. Rajdhani College, Raja Garden :‐ Ring Road, Raja Garden, New Delhi‐
2. Bhagnini Nivedita College :‐ Kair (Near Najafgarh), New Delhi‐110043
Admission 2012 ‘Open Day’
The office of the Dean Students’ welfare is holding OPEN DAYS Programme from 26th May 2012. This program will continue till 2nd June 2012 as Schedule below:
Venue: Conference Centre (Opposite Botany Department)
Dates : 26, 27, 31 May, 1,2 June 2012 Time : 9.30 AM to 1 PM
Venue: S P Jain Centre (Opposite Arts Faculty, South Campus, Benito Juarez Marg, New Delhi 110021)
Dates : 28, 29, 30 May 2012 Time: 9.30 AM to 1 PM
These Open Days are held to provide counselling to candidates seeking admission in various undergraduate courses of Delhi University Colleges. The counselling sessions will be addressed by some of the Heads of Department, Principals of various Colleges and Subject Experts. The trained student counsellors will give a 40 minute Multimedia presentation. They will also be available to help and guide the aspirants. This presentation will cover various queries pertaining to Courses, reservations and eligibility criteria. Candidates desirous of seeking such information are advised to attend any one of the Open day.
Delhi University begins from Monday with the common pre-admission forms being made available for aspiring students both online and over the counter.
“General and OBC students can fill up online forms also. We are also posting regular updates and information bulletins on our Facebook page,” a DU official said. The university’s Facebook page has over one million followers.
“The forms will be available at head post-offices and 10 colleges of the university, and can also be submitted there,” added the official.
Nearly 54,000 seats will be up for grabs in around 70 colleges affiliated to Delhi University. An estimated 125,000 students had applied for various courses in the university last year.
While the university conducted counselling sessions for students, they and their parents seem to be worried by the soaring minimum levels of marks for admissions – called “cut-offs” in campus parlance – and hunt for a seat in a branded college
List of Head Post Office in Delhi for du admission form
S.No. Name & Address of Head Post Office
1 New Delhi GPO, Ashok Road, New Delhi‐110001
2 Sansad Marg Head Post Office, Patel Chowk New Delhi‐110001
3 Lodhi Road Head Post Office, New Delhi‐110003
4 Kalkaji Head Post Office, New Delhi‐110019
5 Delhi GPO, Delhi‐110006
6 Ramesh Nagar Head Post Office, New Delhi‐1100015
7 Naraina Industrial Estate Head Post Office, Naraina, New Delhi‐110028
8 Ashok Vihar Head Post Office, Ashok Vihar, New Delhi‐110052
9 Krishna Nagar Head Post Office Krishna Nagar, New Delhi‐110051
10 Jhilmil Head Post Office, Jhilmil, New Delhi‐110095
11 Sarojani Nagar Head Post Office, Sarojani Nagar, New Delhi‐110024
12 Indraprastha Head Post Office, New Delhi‐110002
Academic session 2012-13 starts from 23rd July 2012