(Indian Coast Guard) Recruitment Notification for the Post of Navik 2012
Indian Coast Guard (Ministry of Defence)
Recruitment to The Post of Navik 2012
INDIAN COAST GUARD
(Ministry of Defence)
OPPORTUNITY FOR 10+2 PASS WITH MATHS AND PHYSICS ANDMATRICULATES TO JOIN AS ENROLLED PERSONNEL(02/2012 BATCH)
Applications are invited from male Indian nationals possessing educational qualificationsand age, as prescribed below, for recruitment to the post of Navik (General Duty) andNavik (Domestic Branch) in the Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union.
Educational Qualification Age
Navik (GeneralDuty)10+2/equivalent examination with60% marks in aggregate with Mathsand Physics as subjects and atleast oneof these subjects: Chemistry/Biology/Computer Science from aneducation board recognised byCentral/State Government.Born between 01 Aug 90 to31 Jul 94. (Upper age relaxationof 5 years for SC/ST and 3 yearsfor OBC candidates).DomesticBranch(Cook & Steward)10 th class pass with 50% marks inaggregate from an education boardrecognised by Central/StateGovernment.Born between 01 Oct 90 to30 Sep 94. (Upper age relaxationof 5 years for SC/ST and 3 yearsfor OBC candidates)
PAY, PERKS AND OTHERS BENEFITS
Navik (General Duty) – Pay Scale Rs 5200 –20200 alongwith Rs 2000 Grade Pay.Navik (Domestic Branch) – Pay Scale Rs 5200 –20200 alongwith Rs 1900 Grade Pay.In addition Dearness Allowance, Kit Maintenance Allowance and other liberalallowances as approved by Govt.
* Promotion prospects exist upto the rank of Pradhan Adhikari with pay scale 9300-34800 plus Grade pay @ Rs. 4800/-.* Promotion to the officer cadre subject to suitability and performance.
* Free ration, free clothing, free medical treatment for self and family includingdependent parents.* Government accommodation for self & family on nominal licence fee.
* 45 days Earned leave and 08 days Casual leave every year with leave travelconcession for self, family and dependent parents as per Govt. rules.* Insurance cover of Rs.20 lakhs at a premium of Rs.2000/- per month as Groupinsurance.* Contributory Pension Scheme and Gratuity on retirement.* Canteen and various loan facilities.* Sports and adventure activities such as river rafting, mountaineering, hot airballooning, hang gliding and wind surfing etc.
SELECTION PROCEDURE Selection of candidates is based on the order of merit depending onperformance in Written Test, Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and Fitness in theMedical Examinations.Written Test:
(i) Mental Ability Test (Verbal and Non-Verbal) of 30 minutes duration each forNavik(GD) only. Mental Ability Test (Non-Verbal) of 30 minutes duration forNavik(DB).(ii) Objective type, written exam in bilingual where applicable (Hindi & English).The question paper consists of English, Science, Maths and General Knowledge.Duration of examination Written Test – 01 hourThe candidates are required to pass in all the tests.
Physical Fitness Test (PFT):
All those who pass the written test will be subjected to the PFT.* PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 6 minutes 30 seconds.* 20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak)* 10 Push ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
Candidates clearing the written and PFT will appear for interview.
Recruitment Medical Examination (Primary)
: Candidates who qualify the written test,Interview and PFT will be subjected to Recruitment Medical Examination (Primary) at thenearest Military Hospital.
* Minimum height 157 cms. (May be reduced by 5 cms in the case of Assamese includingthose from Nagaland, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura,Garhwal, Sikkim, local tribals of Andaman and Nicobar Islands, and by 2 cms in case of candidates from Lakshadweep, mainland settlers in Andaman & Nicobar and candidates
joining the Indian Coast Guard on second appointment from other governmentdepartments).* Chest
Should be well proportioned. Minimum expansion 5 cms.
Proportionate to height and age +_10% acceptable. Hearing: normal* Medical examination will be conducted by authorised military doctors as per medicalstandard prescribed in current regulations applicable to Enrolled Personnel on entry.* Good mental, medical and physical health, free from any disease/disability, likely tointerfere with efficient performance of duties.* No Cardio-vascular disease, deformities like knock knee, flat feet etc. infection of ears, nohistory of fits or psychiatric ailment, varicose vein, corrective surgery for eye sight etc.
Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax and tartarremoved from teeth prior to examination. Visual Standards
* General Duty
6/6 (Good Eye) and 6/9 (Bad Eye) (Candidates using glasses arenot eligible for GD Branch).* Domestic Branch
and 6/36 (Bad Eye).
: Applicants declared permanent medically unfit by any Armed Forces Hospital inprevious recruitment for the same entry in Coast Guard are advised not to apply.
Final Medical Examination:
All selected candidates who are enrolled will have toundergo Final Medical Examination at INS Chilka prior to commencement of training.Candidates found ‘unfit’ during this medical examination will be discharged from CoastGuard.
The basic training for Navik (General duty) will commence in Aug 2012 at INS Chilkafollowed by sea training and professional training in the allotted trade. Training for Navik (DB) will commence in Oct 2012. Branch/trade will be allocated as per the requirement of service and performance during basic training. Naviks are liable to be discharged asUNSUITABLE due to unsatisfactory performance at any time during the training.
Applications will be received only through ORDINARY POST. Applicationreceived through
speed post, registered post or couriers
will be rejected.* Candidates will be called for examination based on higher percentage of marks and other criteria, due to limited vacancies and large number of applications.
* Call up letters for eligible short listed candidates will be posted, indicating datetime and place for recruitment tests, which are scheduled during Mar/Apr 12.
* All original certificates and mark sheets are to be produced at the time of written test.
* Results of the written test will be announced on the same day.* Those who qualify written test will undergo PFT , interview and recruitmentMedical Examination (Preliminary), which may take 2-3 days.* The Zone wise select list will be prepared from the candidates who qualify inall respects depending upon the available vacancies. The Zone wise select listof candidates (depending upon the numbers to be inducted) will be displayedin Indian Coast Guard Website.* The candidate’s selection pertaining to a particular batch is valid for that batchonly. Qualified candidates whose names do not appear in the final select listcannot claim admission for the next batch. These candidates will have toundergo the selection procedure afresh provided that they meet the eligibilitycriteria for the fresh batch.* Provisional appointment letter for enrolment will be forwarded only tomedically qualified candidates as per the merit list. Unsuccessful candidateswill not be intimated separately. All selected candidates who are enrolled willhave to undergo Final Medical Examination at INS Chilka prior tocommencement of training.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications can be downloaded from the Indian Coast Guard website www.indiancoastguard.nic.in.*The application is to be submitted on plain paper in the form appendedbelow (type written in English/Hindi) and is to be sent to the address of Zonal recruitment centers.* The Domicile State, type of entry, choice of centre and percentage of 10thmarks for Navik(DB) and 12th for Navik(GD) board examination is to beclearly written on the top of the envelope.* Attested copies (not returnable) of certificates as proof of age, educationalqualifications including statement of marks, caste certificate ( SC, ST, OBCas per Govt. of India format), NCC, Sports and a self-addressed(unstamped) envelope of size 22×10 cms are to be attached with theapplication. All enclosures must be pinned/tagged with the application.* Request for change of examination centre/date will not be entertained.* Use of Mobile phones will not be permitted during examination.* Character certificate (issued six months prior to exam/interview).* Candidates should be prepared to stay for 02/03 days at test centers underown arrangements. No daily allowance will be admissible.* Candidates are required to submit one additional recent colored passportsize photograph along with the application.
Attesting Officer’s name with office address and seal should be clearly legible.
Applications are to be addressed to the respective Zonal recruitment centres at thePost Boxes as given below:-
Application tobe addressed to
(a) NorthernZone(i) New Delhi(ii) Ambala(iii) Dehradun(iv) Jodhpur(v) Jallandhar(vi) Lucknow(vii) JammuJammu & Kashmir,Himachal Pradesh,Punjab, Haryana,Rajasthan, UttarPradesh, Uttarakhand,Delhi and UnionTerritory of Chandigarh.The RecruitmentOfficer, Post BoxNo-127, NOIDA,(U.P), 201 301(b) North-EasternZone(i) Kolkata(ii) Danapur(Patna)(iii) Shillong(iv) AizwalBihar, Jharkhand,Mizoram, West Bengal, Assam, Sikkim,Meghalaya, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh,Nagaland, Tripura.The RecruitmentOfficer, Post BoxNo.4,HaldiaTownship,Haldia-721 605West Bengal
(c) EasternZone(i) Chennai(ii)Visakhapatnam(iii) Cuttack (iv) Bangalore(v) Tuticorin(vi) Mandapam(vii) Secunderabad(viii) PuducherryTamil Nadu, AndhraPradesh, Orissa & theUnion Territory of Puducherry.The
RecruitmentOfficer, Post BoxNo-808, Fort StGeorge, Chennai-600 009Tamil Nadu(d) WesternZone(i) Bhopal(ii) Kochi(iii) Mumbai(iv) Nagpur(v) Goa(vi) New Mangalore(vii) KavaratiMaharashtra, MadhyaPradesh, Karnataka,Chattisgarh, Kerala,Goa and Union Territoryof Daman andLakshadweep.The RecruitmentOfficer, Post BoxNo. 29105,PrabhadeviP.O Worli,Mumbai- 400 030.(e) North-WestZone(i) Gandhi Nagar(ii) PorbanderGujarat The RecruitmentOfficer, Post BoxNo. – 09, Sector -11, Gandhi Nagar,Gujarat -382 010.(f) A&NZonePort Blair A&N Islands The RecruitmentOfficer, Post BoxNo. 716,Port Blair-744 102.Note: Candidates are to choose two centers for examination and mention the centre on theenvelope. However, due to administrative reasons, Coast Guard may allot any suitablecentre. Further, Coast Guard will not be responsible for any postal delay/loss of any documents during transit.
LAST DATE OF RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS
09 Jan 2012
FOR CANDIDATES FROM North East regions (Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh,Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura Sikkim) and Andaman & Nicobar, Lakshadweep& Kavarati Islands :
16 Jan 2012
SC/ST candidates, who are not employed by the Central/State Government, will bereimbursed 2
class fare by train/ Govt bus/steamer charges by the shortest route if thehome station is beyond 30 kms from the place of interview on
production of ticket
.GUIDELINES FOR FILLING UP APPLICATION FORM
All the columns in the application should be filled in block capital letters. Donot split words. Fill column 3, ‘Name of the candidate
and column 5
Date of birth’ asper the example given below:-Write SAKSHAM KUMAR BHATIA asS A K S H A M K U M A R B H A T I A And 31 July 1990 as3 1 0 7 1 9 9 0(b) Give exact percentage of marks. For example 59.9 % should not be rounded off to 60 %.
Tags: (Indian Coast Guard) Recruitment Notification for the Post of Navik 2012, air force recruitment, army recruitment, Central Government Jobs, defense job in india, IMA notification, india, Indian Army, indian army job notification, Indian army vacancy, Indian Coast Guard 2012, Indian Coast Guard jobs2012, Indian Coast Guard recruitment2012, jobs, ministry of defense in india, navy recruitment, NDA Notification, Sarkari Naukri, sarkarinaukri, www.indiancoastguard.nic.in
« Bigg Boss Season 5 – 19th december 2011 (IAF) Notification for Air Force Common Admission Test January 2012 »